AI Anxiety Is Real, and Here’s How You Can Deal With It
In the world of ChatGPT, it is natural for you to feel anxious about artificial intelligence (AI) taking over your job, and this anxiousness is referred to as AI anxiety. In the coming years, high-performing AI channels could soon replace many jobs, and in fact, jobs like editor, designer, writer and more could be replaced by AI bots in the near future.
A recent Calm research showed that about 1 in 3 adults are feeling anxious about AI, and they further characterised the feeling as fear or dread. On the other hand, many others noted that they were excited (31%) and optimistic (31%), along with being nervous about how AI can transform the future of everyday jobs.
It is hard for us to compete with a robot, as it can perform tasks more efficiently. However, while we cannot beat AI, we can learn to live with it and use it to our advantage. In this Pacific Prime Latin America article, we will go over a few tips that can help you deal with AI anxiety.
1. Embrace the Uncertainty
The last few years have been somewhat of a roller-coaster ride, and just when you thought things are settling down, comes around the new world sensation, AI. As humans, it’s normal to feel threatened by change, and AI, right now, seems like a potential threat to our livelihoods. Here are some ways that you can deal with the uncertainties associated with AI.
- Don’t fight the change: You may not be able to accept change easily and want to fight the change. However, it is not sustainable for your mental well-being. So, try to embrace AI to see how you feel about it and what it is about AI that bothers you.
- Deal with it at your own pace: You don’t have to jump on the bandwagon because everyone else is. Try to understand the reality of AI at your own pace and check it out only when you feel like it.
- Talk about your feelings: If you are feeling anxious about AI taking over your job, it is likely that your colleagues are too. So, talking about it can help ease your mind.
2. It’s Okay to Feel Threatened by AI
As humans, we normally try to dismiss uncomfortable feelings. However, avoiding feelings can lead to stress and anxiety. So, if you are feeling off about AI, try not to invalidate those emotions. Here’s how you can navigate through your feelings:
- Journal your thoughts: Write down your thoughts and feelings about AI. Journaling can help clear your mind and set your thoughts in order.
- Identify your emotions: To understand your feelings better, you need to know what is happening beneath the surface. A more rooted issue could also trigger the anxiety you are experiencing, and figuring it out can help you deal with your feelings in a more effective way.
3. Remind Yourself that AI is a Tool
Although AI has the ability to augment human capabilities and make certain tasks easier, it can never fully replace humans. It’s important to remember that AI does not possess abilities that make us human, such as intuition, creativity, and emotional intelligence. These qualities allow us to navigate complex situations and make informed decisions that AI is not yet able to do. So, AI can be a tool that can be used to your advantage.
4. Learn More About AI
Why not take some time to explore AI and discover what it can and cannot do? Doing so can help ease your mind and alleviate any anxiety you may have about this rapidly advancing technology. As you learn more about AI, you’ll not only feel more comfortable incorporating it into your daily life, but you’ll also be better equipped to make informed decisions about how to use and interact with AI platforms.
There could be many benefits associated with AI, such as better scientific research, industry optimization, improved healthcare and more. Moreover, learning more about the positive aspects of AI could help you come to terms with it and put your worries to rest.
5. Be Open to Change
There is a reason why change is the only constant in life, and fighting change may just add to your stress and induce anxiety. It’s extremely important to stay flexible to change and embrace new things in life, even if it is AI. Because you never know what the future has in store, there may be another big tech revolution in the next few years. Staying open and accepting change can help you evolve with time.
Secure Comprehensive Health Insurance with Pacific Prime Latin America
While the future is full of surprises, one thing you can do to protect yourself from an unforeseen event is to secure a comprehensive health insurance plan. From individual health insurance to family health insurance and expat health insurance, Pacific Prime can help you find a plan that meets both your requirements and budget. Pacific Prime has over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry and has helped thousands of expats across the world secure a comprehensive plan.
So, get in touch with our insurance advisor today to get unbiased advice or a FREE quote!